Junior Accountant Full-time Job1 week ago - Financial Services - Addis Ababa - 167 views
IFDC-Ethiopia, in collaboration with SNV Netherlands Development Organization, the Base of the Pyramid Innovation Center (BoPInc.) and the partnership resource center (PrC) of Rotterdam School of Management, with funding from the DGIS, is currently implementing a five-year project entitled “Towards Sustainable Clusters in Agribusiness through learning in Entrepreneurship” (2SCALE2), with the aim of improving rural livelihoods and increasing food security in Africa. 2SCALE2 is implemented in 9 African Countries.OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The overall purpose of this post is to support finance department in role of the Junior Accountant to processing payments and inputting transactions into the system, maintaining records, facilitating handle transactions and assist finance related activities. Junior Accountant works under the supervision of the National Admin. and Finance Officer.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives payment requests, checks supporting documents and coding for completeness and proper authorization maintained and prepares cheques and corresponding payment vouchers.
- Review and verify the payment requests from petty cash, purchase fund or check payments and ensure the timely replenishment of these funds so that sufficient cash will always be available on the hands of the cashier.
- Responsible to maintain files of financial records, contract agreements, and other documents.
- Obtains monthly bank statement from the bank and day to day transfers advice.
- Follow up and verify the travel request and make sure travel advances are transfer as per the organization policy.
- Follow up the travel expense report are submitted after field trip timely.
- Share email to the staff travel advance balance is in time frame.
- Arrange files and financial records in easily retrievable manner and external audit purpose.
- Make sure each month all financial documents scan and uploaded in OneDrive.
- Raise purchase requisitions and purchase orders for purchases and any other payments via the system.
- Assist preparation of monthly staff payroll.
- Share the pay slips to the staff by the end of every month.
- Coordinate the procurement team to ensure that purchases are made in the best interest of the IFDC policies and procedures.
- Arrange all the procurement documents in an orderly manner for control and any reference purposes.
- Ensure withholding tax receipt is issued whenever tax is withheld from purchase of goods and services according to country law.
- Assist the monthly e-tax declaration for Payroll Tax and Pension Contribution reported to the government.
- Declare each month purchase goods and services online using TASS system.
- Liaison with partners grants transfer is timely submission the acknowledgement of cash receipts.
- Contributes to ensures partnership financial reports being submitted are timely, complete,
- and accurate.
- Check up to date asset/ inventory register and maintain record of asset/inventory movements.
- As requested, perform additional tasks from time to time by supervisor
- Keep custody of various documents (e. g. blank/undelivered checks and bank transfer, etc.).
- B.A Degree in Accounting
- 3 years relevant experience
- Experience of similar International Non-government Organization (INGO) is highly desirable.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
- Strong work ethic and abilities to work collaboratively with the team.
- Good English communication skills (ability to read, write, speak, and understand).
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Proficient in MS Office package, outlook & highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets
- Familiar with Accounting software, NetSuite accounting software highly desirable.
- Familiar with the country tax regulations and the declaration system of E-tax service and TASS service (Purchase Declaration)
- Ability to work under pressure and keep to deadlines.
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
Interested and qualified applicants should apply to: https://jobs.silkroad.com/IFDC/Careers/jobs
Please clearly indicate the title of the position "Junior Accountant". The application should include the following information:
- An application letter explaining your motivation and aptitude for the position.
- A detailed CV including personal details (name, contact details, age, gender), academic trainings, work experience. Please also include language skills, computing and (academic) software skills and knowledge of accounting
- Names and contact details (email address and cell phone) of two references.